The plumbing business is highly competitive. You need to get your plumbing company in front of your customers when they are looking for you. To make it possible, you need to opt for local SEO.
There are several stats from Google that support the importance of Local SEO, such as:
- 20% of search queries are for local businesses
- 40% of mobile searches are for local businesses
- 50% of mobile searches for local companies are followed by a visit, a phone call, or another type of contact.
- 97% of consumers search for local businesses online
Rankings obtained from a successful local SEO campaign don’t cost you anything. It is one of the cost-effective ways to advertise as it assures free visitors and conversions. You don’t need to pay anything for getting hired!
Now when you are familiar with the importance of local SEO, it’s time to know 5 crucial steps to build a campaign to maximize your business visibility for local services. This campaign will help your services to appear in the searches when someone is looking to hire a plumber.
FIND BUSINESS DRIVING KEYWORDS: The keywords that will drive the plumbing business will be those relevant to plumbing services. These include “emergency plumbing,” “water heater repair,” and other relevant ones. Once you finalize service related keywords list, it’s time to sign-up for a Google AdWords account. You can also check your keywords in the free Keyword Planner Tool that is a part of the Google Ads platform. This tool will give you relevant search terms along with data on high traffic generated by those keywords. Generally, there are two categories of keywords that are used to perform different types of searches. These include:
- Keywords that indicate “hiring intent”: Many searchers use keywords that indicate hiring intent when they mean to take action. When they use such keywords, they instantly visit your website or call you for inquiry and hire you immediately. In such cases, a sales cycle can be completed within 1 or 2 minutes. For example: “Plumber texas.” It is essential to include such keywords on your homepage as well as descriptions on services pages. You can easily make money with such keywords through a local SEO campaign.
- Keywords that indicate “research intent”: Such keywords are used by those trying to know more about you. For example,” how to fix a clogged drain.” Using such keywords, the user is generally trying to resolve the issue of their own. Such keywords typically sit at the end of the sales cycle.
OPTIMIZE THESE KEYWORDS: Keyword optimization is performed in 2 key areas. First, Google My Business Page. Second, Website Pages.
Optimizing Google My Business Page: It is the first thing that every local business should have because when people search for plumbing businesses, a handful of them will be displayed on the “Maps” results. This is the important element of Google My Business. You have to aim for the Map section and be the first to be displayed in the search results. For this, you need to optimize your Google My Business Page. To optimize your Google My Business Page, you need to:
- Claim & verify your business
- Add your business name, address & phone number
- Select the business category
- Write a small business description
- Hours of operation
Optimizing Your Business Website: Once you are done with Google My Business Page, you should start optimizing your website homepage and service pages. These are the main pages of your website where the hiring intent keywords could play their role.
- While optimizing your homepage, you need to work on two essential elements – Title tag and Meta description. Once you optimize them, the next step is to optimize the content that visitors will see on your homepage. Include primary keywords in the headline on the page. There should be limited content on the homepage (at least 200 words), but it should not be more than 1000 words. Write professional content without any errors, and make sure you include your business description, professional background, brief of your services, and call to action.
- While optimizing services pages, make sure you share focused information about the services that could deliver the best SEO results. It must include all vital elements such as service-related keywords, title tags, Meta descriptions, concise headers, and detailed content about each service.
GETTING CITATIONS & LINK BUILDING: Once you are done with website optimization and GBP optimization, it’s time to broaden your network and do some work on improving your local rankings. For this, you have to build citations and links.
Citations: Citations can be defined as listings of your business Name, Address, and Phone number (NAP) on other websites. But before doing it, make sure you have included NAP on your contact page and the footer of each page of your website. Once you are sure that NAP is consistent on your website and your local page, you can start applying for listings in several directories. These may include:
- General and National Business Directories
- Directories That Are Specific to Plumbing
- Local Directories
Links: Links originating on the other websites, and pointing to specific pages on your website play an important role. These links are also known as inbound links, and they are important as Google’s ranking algorithm measures them. Their origin matters a lot as links from legitimate websites like directories play an important role in your SEO efforts. Still, if you could successfully get links from sites like CNN or other high-profile websites, it can give a good push to your website rankings.
REVIEWS: Reviews play a major role in building trust, especially those present on third-party websites. It will help if you focus on Google My Business Reviews as your customers will first look at your GBP than anything else. Positive reviews will make you rank higher for searches, and secondly, positive reviews will provide powerful persuasion to the visitors that you are the best plumber in town.
TRACK YOUR RESULTS: Once you are done with the initial SEO work, it’s time to track the results. Three core metrics need to be tracked in your campaign. These include:
- Rankings: Page rankings can reveal several insights on your campaigns, such as keyword performance, impressions, and the number of clicks.
- Traffic: This is the next major aspect of your campaign. How much traffic is being driven to your website and your web pages is important to consider. Also, the location from where this traffic is coming is an important consideration.
- Conversions: Conversions are the specific actions taken by the visitors when they are on your website. On the plumbing website, the most common conversion is a phone call for service. So, you need to track the number of phone calls coming for service and how many of them get converted.
You need to build a solid local SEO camping for your plumbing business. This is the best investment that you can make for your business. Hire a reputable seo company India that could get you what you aspire to get from your plumbing business.